Joom Logistics Shipment & Delivery Terms
Please read these Shipment & Delivery Terms (“Terms”) carefully before continue using the services (“Services”) specified below and arranged for you by Joom Logistics Limited.
1. General Provisions
Terms together with Terms of Service for Merchants (https://merchant.joom.com/terms/) and terms, rules, requirements and restrictions provided in the Joom Help Center for Merchants available at https://merchant-help.joom.com (“Joom Help Center”) set out the legally binding terms and conditions for your (“You”, “you”, “Merchant” or “merchant”) use of the websites at https://merchant.joom.com, https://www.joom.com, Joom mobile applications (“Site”) or partner platform (“Partner Platform”) and all Services provided by SIA Joom (“Joom”) and Joom Logistics Limited (“JL”).
In case You use JMS services (as defined in Annex to Joom’s Terms of Service for Merchants) enabling you to offer and sell your products on Partner Platform to individual customers (https://merchant.joom.com/terms/annex/) for this purpose, you agree and appoint JL to organize the delivery of such items to customers.
Terms set out the legally binding terms related to your use of specific couriers for shipment of items to the Territories and regulate other shipment requirements. By using the Services, You agree to be bound by these Terms, including those additional terms and conditions and policies referenced herein and/or available by hyperlinks.
While using the Services for shipment and delivery of your items to the Territories, You remain to be bound by these Terms applicable to you and accepted by you. Please familiarize yourself with them carefully as they regulate provision of you with the services outside of the Territories.
By agreeing to these Terms, You undertake to follow any applicable requirements to shipment of items, including requirements and restrictions as to weight and size of items to be shipped, labels, packages and other requirements and restrictions provided in these Terms and available in the Joom Help Center. You also agree to check regularly and familiarize yourself thoroughly with all updates and changes regarding such requirements and restrictions which are applied to you from the moment of acceptance of these Terms and, in case of any update, change or amendment of the information provided in the Joom Help Center, from the moment of their publication in the Joom Help Center. You will be notified on any updates and changes in the Joom Help Center by notifications sent to you in the Joom Help Center (on the page “News”) and via email at the email address specified by you at the moment of registration.
You hereby undertake to follow any applicable rules and observe any restrictions provided in these Terms and available in the Joom Help Center in order to ensure shipment of the ordered items to final customers. Taking this into account, you shall notify JL immediately in case of any technical or other problem have with access to these Terms and to the Joom Help Center or in case you cannot find any particular information which is referenced to in these Terms via the contacts specified in these Terms below.
JL reserves the right to change some or all the terms, conditions and policies of the Services, including those which are available in the Joom Help Center at any time. When JL launches new version of these Terms, the new version shall come into force from the moment of publication of you log in or continue to use the Services, which means that you have read and accepted the revised and updated terms. If you do not agree to any alteration or updates of these Terms or other applicable terms, conditions and policies, you must terminate these Terms and stop using Services immediately. Unless separately stated, any new content or new services offered by JL that will expand the scope of the Services shall be subject to these Terms.
2. JL logistics channel
JL arranges for the provision of logistics Services required for the delivery of your items ordered by customers located in the Territories. JL provides you with the Services with involvement of third-party logistics and other related services providers.
You are required to ship all orders made by customers in the Territories (excluding items referred to in these Terms and items which do not meet requirements specified below) via the logistics channel arranged by JL.
3. Prohibited and Restricted Items
You must follow all the rules and restrictions of third parties involved by JL, other logistics companies and national post offices and shall comply with all applicable laws and regulations of places of shipment, transition and destination. Such rules and restrictions include, inter alia, requirements of the country of destination in relation to items which are prohibited from shipping to the country of destination and/or prohibited from selling or using in the country of destination, including those amendments or changes which may be introduced by relevant authorities in the future. You hereby undertake not to ship any such prohibited and restricted items via the JL logistics channel.
The following items cannot be shipped by JL in any case:
- Items which are specified in the paragraph “Products Restricted on Joom” in the Joom Help Center.
- Items which are specified in your Terms of Service for Merchants as prohibited items and those which cannot be shipped to the Territories according to their laws and regulations.
- Drugs, and items related with drug use.
- Dangerous chemicals.
- Items from/to/mentioning sanctioned countries and regions (Cuba, Iran, North Korea, Syria, Sudan, Crimea Region, Luhansk Region, Donetsk Region, Kherson region, Zaporizhzhia region or other regions that may be declared as sanctioned ones), entities, and individuals.
- Items the content, external form, transportation or storage of which violates a statutory prohibition or a prohibition by a public authority, in particular — but without limitation — regulations regarding export import or customs law of the countries of origin, destination or transit, or goods for which special equipment (e. g. for temperature-controlled goods), safety precautions or authorizations are required (including any mandatory certificates, declarations of conformity, test reports etc.)
- Items lacking conformity with the local consumer legislation (including, but not limited to items without instructions or labels in the official language of the customer’s country).
- Items the content of which violates intellectual property rights, including forged, counterfeit or unlicensed copies of items (brand and trademark piracy).
- Items containing live animals or human remains.
- Weapons, especially firearms, or parts thereof, limitation weapons or ammunition.
- Items which contain obscene or pornographic articles.
- Materials can cause politically sensitive items.
- Cash and all kinds of securities.
You hereby undertake to observe such restrictions as well as undertake not to send the prohibited items listed above via JL logistics channel.
You agree that JL shall have the unrestricted right and power, which may be exercised in its sole and absolute discretion, or upon request of a third-party logistics provider involved by JL, at any time and from time to time, to determine whether to decline shipping for any reason it may find justified.
If any of the above-mentioned items appear in the warehouse of the company which is responsible for package pick-up services in the country of dispatch of items or the warehouse of any logistic company responsible for shipment and delivery of them, such items will be returned to you at your own expense or destroyed without prior notification to you and without refund and/or compensation of any kind (if return is not possible due to operational restrictions of JL or a particular logistic company). In any case you hereby undertake to provide JL with any necessary assistance in order to cure the breach and agree to take immediate actions required by JL and/or its logistic partners. Payment for the order containing restricted and/or prohibited item as well as any other associated expenses will be automatically deducted from the amount payable to you under the Terms of Service for Merchants.
You hereby also undertake to fully indemnify and hold JL and any other entity or person, either affiliated with JL or involved by JL for the provision of you with Services, harmless for any losses, damages, costs, expenses (including reasonable legal fees) and liabilities which JL and/or any such other entity or person may incur as the result of or in connection with any suit, claim, proceeding or complaint caused by breach of any law, regulation or restrictions of the country of destination regarding selling or shipment of prohibited items.
4. Operational Requirements to the Shipped Items
Items which can be shipped via JL logistics channel shall satisfy certain requirements to weight and size of items, which may vary depending on countries of destination and means of transportation. Such requirements are available in the Joom Help Center.
In case of shipment via JL logistics channel of items that do not satisfy such requirements, JL and third parties involved by it shall have the unrestricted right and power, which may be exercised in their sole and absolute discretion at any time, to determine whether to decline shipment of such items.
There are certain types of items that are suitable for the JL logistics channel with restrictions. Such items require special conditions for transportation, including a particular mode of transportation, or can only be shipped via certain logistic partners. You hereby undertake to provide full and correct data related to the items and confirm that shipped items are fully compliant with the data provided to JL prior to shipment.
5. Economic Sanctions Laws
5.1. Economic sanctions laws in the European Union, the United States and a number of other countries prohibit or restrict unlicensed transactions with various parties (i.e., individuals, entities, government regimes) for example because they are identified as engaging in terrorism, narcotics trafficking, weapons proliferation and/or other activities that threaten those countries’ national security, foreign policies or economies or (and again for example), because they are resident in certain countries or have a connection to those countries (“Denied Parties”). Various government agencies publish lists, or descriptions, of such parties (“Denied Parties Lists”). In addition, many countries maintain trade sanctions and embargo programs against specific countries (“Sanctioned Countries”), such that unauthorized transactions involving these Sanctioned Countries or parties who are resident in those countries or have a connection to those countries are prohibited or restricted.
In order to comply with these and other legal requirements, it is JL general policy that items imported from or originating in the following countries and regions may not be sold on Joom:
- North Korea
- Crimea Region
- Luhansk Region
- Donetsk Region
- Kherson region
- Zaporizhzhia region
- Any other country or region notified to Merchants by JL from time to time
No shipments or sales to parties in any of these countries may be conducted through JL.
Accounts may not be opened or affiliated with a country or region that JL does not support.
5.2. Additionally, Merchants must not do business with or otherwise engage in or facilitate transactions involving parties, services, and/or goods that are subject to sanctions or other applicable trade control restrictions. This includes, but is not limited to Denied Parties, parties that are owned or controlled by Denied Parties and also parties who are resident in or connected with any country or region if any economic sanctions law that applies to JL, a Merchant or to any buyer, sender or recipient if and to the extent that such laws prohibit the applicable transaction.
5.3. You must ascertain and comply with any sanctions compliance requirements that apply to your transactions, including any updates to any laws that apply to JL, a Merchant or to any buyer, sender or recipient and must indemnify JL against any claim resulting from any breach by you of any sanctions law or and breach by you of this paragraph 5. Non-compliance with sanctions laws and regulations can result in significant civil and/or criminal monetary penalties, as well as possible imprisonment, seizure of goods, and/or a ban from conducting business.
6. Declared value
You hereby undertake to correctly determine declared (customs) value for the items shipped via JL. In particular, You undertake not to lower the declared value intentionally in order to advantage from such undercharge somehow. To determine the declared value correctly, you shall take the item’s price offered to users on the Site plus logistics (shipping) costs applicable to the offline shipping method as the basis for declared value calculation. You also undertake to fully comply with any applicable customs regulations as to the determination of the declared value and shall hold Joom and JL harmless from any losses, damages, costs, expenses (including reasonable legal fees) and liabilities which Joom, JL and/or its logistics partners may incur as the result of incorrect determination of the declared value (including, but not limited to fines and penalties charged for intentional customs or tax duties evasion). JL reserves the right to determine the declared value for certain items by itself and at its sole discretion in order to provide its logistics partners and customs authorities with correct and reliable data for further customs and tax duties calculation and declaration.
7. Online Shipping
JL only supports online shipping.
“Online shipping” means that you obtain the labels and tracking numbers from the Merchant Help Center, print out the labels, adhere them to the packages, and then pass the packages to the company that is responsible for the pick-up service. Generated labels can be found in the Merchant Help Center.
To use online shipping, you should first set up the API. Links to introductions to the API settings are available below:
- Request shipping online (https://merchant.joom.com/docs/api/v3/operations/orders-fulfillOnline)
- Get a printable label (https://merchant.joom.com/docs/api/v3/operations/orders-shippingLabel)
Online shipping is essential for JL operations. If you run into problems with setting it up, please contact our merchant support team at email@example.com.
Merchant shall be responsible for ensuring compliance with all applicable terms and conditions for the items, including but not limited to the pricing, quantity, specifications, quality standards, inspection, shipping etc.
JL may refuse to process or cancel, without liability for any losses or damages arising out of or in connection with such refusal or cancellation, any online transaction which in JL’s reasonable opinion has insufficient information to constitute a binding contract.
JL will not be responsible for the quality, safety, lawfulness or availability of the items or services offered under any online transaction. The Merchant agrees not to hold JL and its affiliates and agents liable for any losses, damages, claims, liabilities, costs or expenses arising from any online transactions, including any breach, partial performance or non-performance of the online transaction by the other party to the transaction.
Please contact the staff of the company that is responsible for the pick-up service directly and select the method of package collection. Contacts of the company responsible for pick-up services in a particular region/country are provided separately in the Merchant Help Center. You can:
- Ship packages to the required company at your own expense; or
- Apply for a package pick-up service.
JL will carry all costs incurred during the package pick-up service.
9. Shipping Methods and Fees
JL supports three (3) shipping methods to Territory:
- Non-registered Mail (“NRM”);
- Simplified Registered Mail (“SRM”);
- Registered Mail (“RM”).
Details on each of the shipping methods which are supported by JL are available in the Merchant Help Center. When the shipment is done via JL, the shipping method will be automatically determined by Joom’s system based on item’s price. This means Merchants don’t have to manually choose shipping methods for JL.
Fees which You will be charged with for using of each of the shipping methods are calculated based on the weight of the item to be shipped and their price. Information on such fees and the method of their calculation can be found in the Merchant Help Center. JL reserves the right additionally to invoice difference between actual and declared weight, size of parcel or other shipping information that caused an increase in the cost of Services.
10. Shipping Weight
Items must have the attribute “shipping weight”. You must provide the exact shipping weight for the package while providing shipping information.
The difference between the shipping weight given by the Merchant and the factual shipping weight of the package shall not be more than those specified in the Merchant Help Center or as otherwise instructed by JL or Joom. Inaccurate shipping weight may lead to additional logistics costs and extension in the delivery period, and in some cases, failure of delivery, and all this will have a negative impact on Merchant performance metrics. In addition to that, Joom and JL reserve the right to withhold any losses and amounts of compensation from the amount payable to you under these Terms or the Terms of Service for Merchants.
11. Non-Delivery Compensation (NDC)
In case of non-delivery (within the term for delivery provided by or determined in accordance with the Joom Terms and Conditions for users) or damage of the items shipped via JL logistics channel by RM method, you will be compensated for such non-delivery or damage as follows:
- The compensation will amount to either the declared value of the item determined in accordance with paragraph 6 of these Terms or to the amount payable to you for the item in accordance with the Terms of Service for Merchants applicable to you, whichever is lower. The amount of compensation for each non-delivered or damaged item shall in no case exceed the maximum compensation (“Maximum Compensation”), which is USD 2000 per order (as defined in the platform rules and the Joom Help Center). The Maximum Compensation is determined by JL unilaterally and can be updated from time to time without prior notification. In case of any difference between the non-delivery compensation limits specified in these Terms and the limits specified in the Terms of Service for Merchants, platform rules and the Joom Help Center, the limits specified in the platform rules and the Joom Help Center shall prevail. For the avoidance of doubt, if the declared value and the amount payable to you are each higher than the Maximum Compensation, you will be entitled to the amount of the Maximum Compensation only.
- You are eligible for the NDC only if the case that is covered by the NDC (as specified in these Terms) and in which you are entitled to claim for the NDC occurred in Territories
- The compensation amounts will be set off against the amounts payable to you in accordance with the Terms of Service for Merchants.
The order is subject to compensation due to non-delivery if:
- The item is not delivered to the final recipient within the term for delivery as agreed with the user, and
- The item is refunded to the user in cases specified in the Terms and Conditions for users.
For the avoidance of doubt, you will not be entitled to the compensation referred to in this paragraph in any of the following cases:
- Late fulfilment (the item has been shipped later than prescribed by these Terms).
- The item has been returned or the return procedure has been initiated by the user in accordance with the applicable law, the applicable Terms and Conditions for users, or any other platform rules or policies applicable to the user.
- The item has been confiscated, destroyed, or returned by the customs authorities on the route.
- The compensation for the same item/order has already been received or arranged for You by third-party logistics or other related services providers.
- Any other breach of these Terms occurred (including, inter alia, improper packaging of the item that caused damage to the item or other items, breach of the requirements to the type of shipping (online or offline) or fulfillment requirements).
In no event shall JL be liable for any loss or damage caused by:
- Insufficient or inadequate packing, labelling which do not comply with these Terms.
- Fragile items injured or broken, unless packed by JL’s employees and unpacked by them at the time of delivery.
- You failing to notify JL of any special handling requirements for the items.
- Any act or omission of the client or the owner of the items, or the agents of either the Client or the owner of the items.
- Natural loss of bulk or weight, any hidden or latent defect or weakness, natural wear and tear, loss of value, or deterioration of perishable items.
- The nature of the item or any defects thereof; inherent vice of the item; perishable qualities of the item.
- Pilferage or theft, unless such loss or damage is caused by the failure of JL to exercise such ordinary care required by law.
- Concealed damage, or for losses incurred due to the concealed damage of the parcel, for any damage if the packaging is intact and undamaged.
The provisions of this paragraph shall apply without prejudice to any other provisions and rules applicable to you and can be changed, amended, or specified by JL unilaterally here or in the Joom Help Center.
For the avoidance of doubt, JL cannot be held liable in case of any delay and/or damage in the performance of Services due to any measures of Force Majeure.
12. Limitation of Liability
To the maximum extent permitted by the applicable law as defined below, JL hereby expressly disclaims any and all warranties, express or implied, including but not limited, to, any warranties of condition, quality, durability, performance, accuracy, reliability, merchantability or fitness for a particular purpose. All such warranties, representations, conditions, and undertakings are hereby excluded.
To the maximum extent permitted by the applicable law:
- JL makes no representations or warranties about the validity, accuracy, correctness, reliability, quality, stability, completeness, or correctness of any information provided by it.
- JL does not represent or warrant that the manufacture, importation, export, distribution, offer, display, purchase, sale and/or use of items or services offered by it does not violate third-party rights, and
- JL makes no representations or warranties of any kind concerning any item or service offered by it.
In addition to that, JL reserve the right to withhold (or instruct other entities involved in the provision of you with Services) any amounts of compensations, penalties or any other kind of losses suffered due to your mistakes, inaccurate information, actions or omissions from the amount payable to you under these Terms or the Terms of Service for Merchants applicable to you. If the amount payable is insufficient for coverage of such losses, the outstanding amount will be withheld in the next reporting periods or JL may request you to pay out any such outstanding amounts. In the latter case, you are obliged to compensate the outstanding amounts within 14 calendar days from the moment of receipt of the relevant request. The request sent by email shall be considered as received by you on the day following the day when the request is sent.
13. Force Majeure
Under no circumstances shall JL be held liable for any delay or failure of the Services, or any damage or any other additional charges resulting directly or indirectly from acts of nature, forces or causes beyond our reasonable control, including without limitation, fires, flood, storms, explosions, acts of God, any measures taken by public authorities (including all types of sanctions), customs or quarantine officials port authorities, shipping and any other transportation companies due to viruses, and/or any other epidemic or pandemic outbreaks, flight cancellations, destination closures, acts of carriers related to security, nature of the freight, mechanical failures of aircraft and vehicles, invasion, war, other special war operations, act of foreign enemies, hostilities, acts of terrorism, seizure, hijacking, catastrophe, cyber-attacks, internet failures, computer, telecommunications or any other equipment failures, electrical power failures, strikes, labor disputes, riots, insurrections, civil disturbances, other major natural physical disaster, industrial dispute, shortages of labor or materials, orders of domestic or foreign courts or tribunals or non-performance of third parties.
14. Change of Terms
JL reserves the right, at its sole and absolute discretion, to update, change or replace any part of these Terms and any information in the Joom Help Center at any time, so please review these Terms and check the Joom Help Center regularly.
If JL makes a material change, JL will notify you here, by email, by means of a notice on our home page, or other places JL deems appropriate. What constitutes a ”material change” will be determined at JL’s sole discretion, in good faith, and using common sense and reasonable judgment. In case of such material change, the updated terms shall be applied from the moment of notification about such change, update or replacement.
15. Governing Law
These Terms shall in all respects be interpreted and governed by the laws of England and Wales.
16. Dispute Resolution
Any dispute arising out of or in connection with these Terms, including any question regarding its existence, validity or termination, shall be referred to and finally resolved by arbitration under the LCIA Rules, which Rules are deemed to be incorporated by reference into this paragraph. The number of arbitrators shall be one. The seat, or legal place, of arbitration shall be London. The language to be used in the arbitral proceedings shall be English.
The headings contained in these Terms are for the convenience of the parties and for reference purposes only and shall not affect in any way the meaning or interpretation of these Terms.